Hello pals! How’s the week going? We’re off on a bit staycation – take a look at my IG tales for pics and adventures! – however for right this moment’s put up, I believed I’d share some enjoyable actions to do with the youngsters whereas they’re dwelling for Christmas break.
Insert MAJOR sigh of aid and all of the cheer for Christmas break. I really like having the kiddos dwelling, and particularly love zero alarms (apart from the times I’ve to show), gradual mornings, and seeing the place the day takes us. Our weeks are fairly busy round right here between faculty, gymnastics and dance staff, horse classes, and soccer, so having a few weeks off pretty. (Not months off. I’m not placing that out into the universe.)
Whereas I nonetheless need to work whereas the kiddos are dwelling, I’ve been making an attempt to pre-write as a lot as potential and e-book calls into time blocks so we are able to have some enjoyable adventures whereas they’re dwelling.I believed I’d share a few of my prime concepts right here and would love to listen to what you’re doing with the fam this winter break!
Winter Break Actions with Youngsters
Please remember the fact that these are simply concepts and a brainstorm listing, and there’s no means we’ll do all or a lot of the issues right here. I’m actually most enthusiastic about simply CHILLING, however it is going to be nice to have the lists on the afternoons the place we’re searching for one thing to do!
Concepts for dwelling:
– Tenting in the lounge. This was an enormous hit when the pandemic first hit, and a means for us to differentiate the weekend from all the different days that blended collectively. We’d roast s’mores, watch a film, and sleep in a tent downtstairs. I realized in a short time that I hate air mattresses lol however it was value it for the recollections for the kiddos.
– Make slime. That is our go-to recipe and you’ll add glitter to the combination for a glittery snow slime
– Bake one thing. We hardly ever have time to bake whereas the youngsters are at school, so it is a particular alternative to bake collectively
– Train them a recipe. That is one in every of my objectives for this Christmas break! Now we have a gasoline range, so I’m not fairly snug with them utilizing it but, however I need to train them easy methods to make eggs and pancakes on our massive griddle. It’s electrical, so it is going to be good for them to make breakfast (with supervision, after all).
– Go on a scavenger hunt. Whereas it’s a bit chilly, we nonetheless bundle up and take walks with Maisey every day. Create a scavenger hunt listing earlier than you head out.
– Hike! Now we have so many lovely trails right here in Tucson that I’m hoping one afternoon we are able to go discover one.
(Pic from our final journey to Sedona)
– Learn a e-book and watch the film. Liv is ending the e-book Surprise, so I’m excited to look at it with the youngsters one in every of these nights.
– Allow them to host a expertise present, or have a dance social gathering. That is one in every of my go-tos after I have to get some chores carried out — I activate some music and the women dance and play whereas I clear
– Karaoke! Now we have this bluetooth mic and the women looooove it.
– Make a fort
– Work on a puzzle
– Create a year-end photograph album. I’m actually making an attempt to get higher about this, so this put up is my motivation to do it.
Concepts for adventures and excursions:
– Take them to spend their vacation reward playing cards at Goal or the mall
– The arcade! Our youngsters LOVE the mall arcade and we all the time have a blast enjoying video games for a bit
– Mini golf
– The Botanical Gardens
– The zoo
– An aquarium
– Take a brief highway journey or staycation. We’re lucky that Mt. Lemmon is simply an hour away, so we are able to see some pine bushes and snow!
So, inform me, pals: what are you as much as for winter break? Any enjoyable actions or little journeys deliberate?